I’m going to hug a tree. You?
Earth Day is Sunday. I love Earth Day – it kind of reminds me of Woodstock and that was the ultimate in Debauchery! No, but really, Earth Day is a great way to remember that we have this one earth to work with, so here are 5 reasons I love (and support) Earth Day:
1) I am from the Earth. Sounds kind of corny, but if the Earth was all contaminated, I wouldn’t taste as good as I do. Without going into it all, my flavors rely on the soil I’m grown in and the climate my vines exist within. You wouldn’t want to change that, would you?
2) I live in a glass house. So I don’t throw stones. :) Did you know that recycled glass reduces air pollution by 20%? If you don’t recycle me, it’ll take a million years for me to decompose. Wow! I make one heck of a flower stem vase!
3) Every ton of glass recycled saves the 9 gallons of fuel it takes to make a new piece of glass.
4) Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. If you don’t finish me at dinnertime, you can use me to cook with tomorrow night!
5) Earth Day brings people together. I bring people together. Enough said!